LASEK is a technique where an epithelial flap is performed with a diluted alcoholic solution prior to the use of the Excimer Laser.
- Lasek technique is similar to PRK.
- The use of a contact lens is necessary after surgery to obtain the adhesion of the epithelium flap.
- LASEK induces post-operative pains similar to PRK.
- Visual recovery is slightly faster than PRK.
Excimer Laser – Other techniques :
- Lasik surgery.
- Aberrometry and wave front customized visual correction
- ULTRA-THIN LASIK and Sub-bowman Keratomileusis (SBKM)