Visian ICL is phakic intra-ocular lens correcting myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism without removing the natural lens of the patient. The material used is collamere. Visian ICL is the result of last research and technology of intra-ocular refractive surgery.
- Bio-compatibility: the charge of the collamere is positive and the protein charges of cells are negatives, so there is few adherence of inflammatory cells on the lens of the surgery.
- Foldable IOL: implantable by an incision of 2,7 mm under topical anaesthesia by drops and ambulatory surgery.
- Short surgery: introducing the IOL in the posterior segment behind the iris and in front of the natural lens using a disposable injector.
- Reversibility: Visian-ICL IOL is easy to remove in case of exchange.
- Visual recovery is obtained quickly the day after where visual acuity is optimal.
- The Visian-ICL is invisible in natural gaz.
- Visian-ICL for correcting high myopia (up to -23 dioptres)
- Visian-ICL for correcting hyperopia (up to +23 dioptres)
- Visian toric ICL (TICL) for correcting myopia combines astigmatism (up to -6 dioptres)
- The referral iridotomy with laser YAG is performed to avoid post-operative intra-ocular high pressure.
- Treatment to prevent intra-ocular press is sometimes required.
- Exceptionally cases of ICL intolerance are reported with high intra-ocular pressure needing removal of the Visian-ICL.
Different implants :