Excimer Laser, short for EXCited diMER, is a gas molecule, Dimer Argon Fluor that emits photon's energy when stimulated by an electrical field. This laser is used to perform corneal superficial abrasion in order to correct refractive errors: myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism.
Excimer Laser treatment is always computer-assisted to define the ablation profile according to the preoperative examination.
Excimer Laser is used in different techniques:
- Aberrometry and wave front customized visual correction
- ULTRA-THIN LASIK et Sub-bowman Keratomileusis (SBKM)
Learn more about refractive surgery:
- Comparative table of each technique of refractive surgery
- Indications of each technique of refractive surgery
- Complications of refractive surgery
- Advanced and High Tech instruments for refractive surgery