- Local or general anaesthesia.
- Small corneal incision.
- Intra-ocular lens inserted and attached to the iris. (ARTISAN)
- Corneal suture which is removed 4 weeks later.
Advantages of Artisan intra-ocular lens:
- 10 years of clinical experience since the 80’s.
- Myopic lens of 5mm allowing correction up to -23 diopters.
- Myopic lens of 6mm allowing correction up to -16 diopters.
- hyperopic implant of 5mm allowing correction up to +12 diopters.
- Very low risk of induced cataract.
- Very low risk of corneal decompensation.
- Reversible treatment by easy removal.
Phakic intraocular lens correcting high astigmatism up to 7,5 dioptres, simultaneously with high myopia
- Pigments dispersion and ocular hypertension that can be treated by local medications.
- Low risk of infection or post-operative inflammation: 2 to 3/1000
- Exceptional risk of decrease of endothelial density requiring lens removal.
More info : www.ophtec.com
Types of implants