This is a Lasik technique with thin flap (80 to 100µ, mean: 90µ) allowing the ablation of the bowman membrane. Thin flaps are performed with special devices of Micro-keratom or with a femtosecond laser.
The advantages of this technique are the following:
- - Corneal tissue preservation
- - Treating higher degrees of myopia and astigmatism.
- - Maintains the stability of the cornea and it’s architecture.
- - Maintain of corneal resistance keeping a posterial stromal bed superior to 300µ.
- - Easier treatment of residual myopia by saving tissue.
Excimer Laser is used in different techniques: